Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The End... Revisited.

I started passionate about reading novels only after my college and the first best novel i have read happened to be Harry Potter series. It was one of my favorite novels. As I was reading this novel series there were only 6 books released out of the whole 7 book series. I was more attracted to the novel because of the way it carried me along with the story and I was so much attracted towards it.

I was searching everywhere for the hints of how the end would be. I was going thorough forums and various other harry potter related websites for the infos. Watching me so craze about harry potter some of my friends, relations, and colleagues started reading the novel and they were interested too.

I used to discuss a lot about harry potter in my office hours and there were 2 other colleagues who were equally interested in harry potter and it was like when any one in sees 3 of us discussing in office hours they used to mock us using harry potter spells and stuffs.

I was eagerly waiting for the final book of harry potter not to say that i have read all the six books more than once and read some of the fan fictions of the final book.  Once the release date of the book is announced me and my friend pre-ordered the book and was waitnig for the day to come.

Finally the day arrived and I went to the stores there were queue to get this book and i was standing in the queue for more than 30 minutes to get the book. The moment I got the book I was feeling that i have achieved something great and immediately rushed back to my home and started reading it.

I am not a  fast reader it took me almost a week to finish the final book but, after reading the book I was not satisfied with how it is ended. I was expecting something and the book seems to be literally missing something. I was like is this the final book??? and didn't even showed interest in discussing harry the ending of the series. Infact i felt that some of the fanfic's are well written.

slowly my interest in harry potter has been reduced. I have a habit of reading the particular book before a harry potter movie was released. Recently after the Harry potter and deathly hallows part1 was released i didn't even care to read the book again because of my disappointment and went for the movie. The movie was nice and it seem to recall my memories about the final book.

I felt that there is something odd in the movie like it recalled most of my memories some of which i am not clear enough what actually happened so i decided to read the novel again before the second part of deathly hallows get released. I started reading the book and felt something different than reading it for the first time. To my surprise I was actually impressed by the novel. I am not sure why but I was looking at the novel entirely from a different vantage point now.

There were many information which is of my interest which i haven't noticed last time. I actually enjoy reading it again. I remembered then one of the incident with my colleagues as my colleague who started reading Eragon series after Harry potter suggested me the same. He mentioned that the 3rd part brisingr is about to release and that would be the final part and asked me to read the novel. But i didnt find time at that time and i started reading that series after the release of the 3rd part and my colleague was mentioning that the 3rd part was not that impressive.

But when I finished the 3 parts i liked all the 3 then i told my colleague about the similarity between the harry potter last book which i didn't like because i expected something which was not satisfied in it and in the similar way this 3rd was not up to your likeness because you were expecting something and i liked it because i wasn't expecting anything and to my luck that the trilogy has been converted to a cycle. Now eagerly waiting for the ending of eragon series.

This signifies that when we really expect something and something too much, then no matter how good you get it you will not be satisfied. It is really a difficult task to satisfy ones expectation. When you analyze the same with peace of mind and no expectations then you will realize what you actually got was a diamond and not charcoal.


No comments:

Post a Comment