Monday, February 27, 2012

Deceit


Recently, I have been thinking about upgrading my mobile phone. There is this one mobile phone (s2) which attracted me a lot. The only thing i hated about is its cost. Its way too expensive and i was a bit hesitant to buy it. Its nothing like I am not capable of getting one but, It actually triggered this question in my mind. Is it OK to spend so much money on this mobile ?? Will i be using the mobile worth fully for the amount I spent on it ??

There is no doubt that the phone provides all the feature it has promised and most of them are latest in technology but what is my stake in it? for example, it has WIFI which i can use only in home as the concept of hot-spot has not flourished in my country. But I already have a laptop and i am quite happy using it for surfing. It has DLNA functionality but again one needs to be connected to the same sub network to use the DLNA functionality in which case when i am sharing my media, I need to have my mobile within my home. i cannot go any where, any personal calls i will be missing. It has HD video recording and playing. if my usage is analyzed i will hardly use the camera in the mobile and i am pretty sure that feature is a liability to me.

I kept on analyzing all the feature that the mobile provides, finally I narrowed it to one feature apart from calling, PDF reader. I may use PDF reader to read some books. I am not that geeky to use all the features it provides but yet my desire to get one such mobile is high. I am not able to suppress it. Its like I need it badly and at the same time, I do not need a mobile with so many features which i barely use.

As always, I started to co-relate these things with life. That is when i realized the whole world is deceitful and in this world you will get what ever you want but you have to pay price for it. The price may be so high that making those decisions change the course of your life. Again it is what you decide defines you. I couldn't stop recalling an old saying here "Deep down your heart you may be an innocent child, but it is what you do decides who you are". So true !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment