Sunday, March 27, 2011

I Hate Technology

The Topic really seems funny to me when i started writing about it. We are using the Technology in our day to day life. It keeps us updated about everything happening around our world. It brings the world to our house. How can one hate technology? while using the same technology to express it. It is true that Technology is part of ones day to day life today But I recently started realizing what i am missing with these advanced technology. As I started putting down the list it kept on growing.

It all started with my discussion about the world cup cricket with my cousin. He knows more cricket than me. In fact he was once District player, so whenever we talk about cricket with him it used to be quite interesting. With the Quarterfinals completed we had the discussion about who is going to win the finals. One thing led to the other and finally we end up discussion about the Indian team members. He mentioned that Indian players today though talented were lacking the team spirit which decides the victory for the team. It is obvious isn't it the Indian players were all well settled now, It doesn't matter for them winning or losing for them it is just another game. He also mentioned that there are other teams who are with better spirits and has more chance of winning this cup. They are used to this Hi-Fi culture and lacks the passion in their playing.

The passion which he specified was disturbing me. I then asked myself what is my passion ? Being a computer professional, Is coding my passion ? No, Definitely not. I started to list down the things that i do and whichever i am interested in. But, I couldn't convince myself with any of the things i do as my passion. I am not really getting involved in anything. The reason being that i do not spend my leisure with what i am interested in rather will be watching movies on television, surfing etc,. now even when i go out, I start surfing through my mobile. The latest technology gives everything i want. Its not giving me time for myself.

I like fantasy novels and i used to watch the movies based on the fantasy novels. Though it has all the visual effects and graphics it didnt give me the feel that i got while reading it in books. It lacks my own imagination. The same thing is what current day technology is doing to me. It make me addicted to it and stops me to think. It steals my passion from me. It makes me lazy. Even It disturbs me from writing this blog. I hate it.

1 comment:

  1. Read The Alchemist to know more about following your passion. I loved the book and can tell that I read it as hardcopy.

    We feel great when Arjuna getting great weapons in Mahabharat. Least do we realize, how bad they were until the war ends and its effects ...

    It is like firing a cracker, seeing all stars, then all black .... black for a long time

    Technology has its peaks and leaves us dumb and lame for infinite number of years ...

    ReplyDelete