Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Responsibilities

Friends, I have been writing quite a lot about life in past and present and in most of my presentations I would have praised life of people in the past. Many times this question occurred to my mind, "what nature of people in the past interested me so much?". Many of my other blogs speak about various qualities that I liked. Every time I write, I start with the intention of justifying my belief but, could not possibly end in the satisfying way. I used to finish it off without the complete satisfaction. With the hope of achieving it at some time I continue to write.

I used to drive a lot, be it two wheeler or four wheeler. The one big problem for people owning vehicle is parking. Today in India, if you plan to drive by yourself you need to start a bit early so that you will get a parking lot. In most of the commercial places you will not be able to find any parking lot available. People started making money out of it and they started collecting parking fee in most of the places. Every time I get the parking ticket and park my vehicle there will be a big sign on the wall saying "Parking at owners risk". This sign made me thinking if parking is at my own risk, then what is the need that i pay parking fee. Why is the guy who collects parking fee is not taking responsibility for the parked vehicles?. It didn't take much time to reckon why, its obvious isn't it all his interests were in money that we pay for the parking fee and he is not ready to take responsible for the vehicles.

Not only this, if you had look at the cars running on Indian roads most of the private vehicles will have a big "L"(stands for learner) on their back glass. Its shame to say this but i have to indicate that there are people who still drives with "L" sign on the back, even though they have been driving for more than 10 years. What does this indicates?, Its obvious the person doesn't want to take responsibility. If any accident happens he is not ready to face it instead he prepares his excuses. Not only ordinary people there are persons who works for government does this too. I would like to recall an incident where one of my uncle has bought a land from the government. In the land purchase agreement, It has been stated that the land is sold tentatively at xxxx price and the buyer will be responsible for paying more in case needed. He ended up paying double the amount than he had initially agreed for. Why? its obvious the government doesn't want to take any responsible for selling the land at lower price.

These are few examples to stress my point but if you start noticing it, You would have come across many such situations where you would be forced to take responsibility. Banks, telephones, Internets, Websites, Hotels etc., etc., everywhere there people who is not willing to take responsibility.Why refer outside, question yourself the same. Have you ever dared to take responsibility of anything risky. I guess the answer would be in most of the case "play safe". What does this signify? think!!!! think!!!!. It signifies that we are irresponsible and we are surrounded by irresponsible people and we are being ruled by irresponsible people.

"With Great Power comes Great Responsibilities". Now a days people are willing to take great power but not simple responsibility. They do not want to be blamed. Without responsibility there can never exists right decision and without right decision there can never exist peaceful life. Are we always like this?? I do not think so, If we trace back in history we find many example for responsible kings who ruled the kingdom and people were happy under those rulers and they
never hesitant to make decisions and most of their decisions were right and produced great results. But, here we are always finding excuses to free our self from responsibilities and ruining our life's.

No comments:

Post a Comment